Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nailed To The Wall

I started wearing acrylic nail extensions while I was still in middle school (about 13 yrs old). I always found it beautifully fascinating and glamourous to have your fingertips bathed in artistic color and design. When I entered my freshmen year of highschool, I met a girl that introduced me to a super talented nail tech named Jay. Me and my friends would be at the nail salon for hours into the night as he perfected every digit. Although my mother was upset that she had to wait for me, she could'nt help but marvel at his craftsmanship. He was a master at airbrushing, "junk" nails, money nails, snake nails, puzzle piece nails etc. I lost touch with him over time, as I went through a non nail extension phase, just getting manicures. Now, I'm back! The new kid on the block is Ms. Sierra Storey. She specializes in similar nail aesthetic, however, she does all of her art work by hand. She's the reason that I'm back into the nail craze. Nails have definitely become a fashion accessory. If you're ever in Miami, she's a definite must see.




www.nailmeonline.com






Keori

No comments:

Post a Comment